Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Chapter 70


Chapter 70
My words are easy to understand
and easier to put into practice.
Yet no one in the world seems to understand them,
or be able to apply what I teach.
My teachings come from the ancients,
the things I do are done for a reason.
Because you do not know me,
you are not able to understand my teachings.
Because those who know me are few,
my teachings become even more precious.
================================================================
Laozi’s words are plain and simple but very often contradictory. However, I cannot agree that his words are all easy to understand. The initial chapters of the tao te ching are actually very difficult. There are varying interpretations of his teachings, which means that it is not easy to conclude on what Laozi wanted to say, so you do not have to feel baffled when you read this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment